One Outsource Option understand that for a project to run on time and efficiently, their needs to be good global communication systems in place. For this reason One Outsource Option uses a server based project management technology that allows all aspects of a project to be tracked in real time globally.
Aspects such as;
- Concept Design
- Industrial Design
- Prototype Development
- Phases of Mould Manufacturing
- Tooling Trials and Parts Manufacture
- Parts Testing
- Assembly of products and subassemblies
- Shipping Documents
- Manufacturing Contracts
- Online Order Placement
Our client provide access to their engineering and design people, who interact globally with our Designers / Engineers / and Mould manufacturers in real time.
Structuring the project workspace and assigning stakeholders is implemented in the following manner;
Management process Flow
- A workspace or project space is created.
- Project manager on both sides of the project are invited into the project space. This can mean US engineers working remotely with our Hong Kong based designers and China based mould makers.
- Data is stored online in a common space and is accessible by all within that space.
- Participants are given user access rights depending on the role they play.
- All development aspects of the project from Concept to Shipment are captured within the database, which is accessible online 24/7.
- Managers and directors need only logon to the Internet to be updated on the current status of a project.
- If there are queries they can be posted in the space for same day, and in most cases same hour response.
- All data is mirrored in multiple global locations to insure if a system fails the project continues to run on track with zero down time.
All this extra control allows projects to advance rapidly, and avoid potential errors that can occur via misinformation. Because the information is shared many eyes are overseeing all aspects, which amounts to less errors improved efficiency, and productivity. One Outsource Option clients are busy people with a great deal of responsibility so having information at their finger tips relieves a lot of pressure, increases their control and response times which in turn avoids nasty surprises.
At the outset of a project milestones are defined and tracked via the online project data base. When those milestones are reached they usually coincide with an online conference which depending on the length of the project can take place monthly. Stakeholders in multiple global and local locations are able to view, comment and update data during the meeting. On the spot minutes can be posted, commitments are agreed upon and timelines are updated. Experience One Outsource Option project tracking and you will never look back.